Honda Features that Help Keep Drivers Safe on Chicago Streets
Honda vehicles are loaded with safety. Whether you want Active Safety or Passive Safety, it’s safe to say that Honda has it. Let’s take a look at the high volume of Honda safety features that will increase your chances of staying secure on the streets of Chicago.
Active Safety Features
Honda dreams of a collision-free future, and one of the main factors helping to bring this dream closer to reality are Active Safety Features. These are the intelligent modern safety features that use various cutting-edge technologies to improve the ease and security of every drive. Let’s take a look at some key examples.
- A Multi-Angle Rearview Camera will broadcast its feed to your infotainment screen, giving you the option of three camera angles when backing up: normal, top-down, and wide. This type of video feedback makes reversing a breeze.
- Active Stability Systems keep control of your vehicle maximized and balanced.
- Honda Sensing® is an intelligent safety suite consisting of a bevy of driver-assistance and safety features.
- The Collision Mitigation Braking System™ automatically applies brake pressure when it detects an unavoidable collision, thereby lessening the severity of the incident.
- A Road Departure Mitigation System and Lane Keeping Assist System automatically keep you on the road and in your lane for those moments when you start to drift unintentionally.
- Traffic Sign Recognition can notify you of the posted speed limit.
Passive Safety Features
Passive Safety Features are the more familiar safety features on a car that you probably grew up with. These as well have advanced substantially with the times, however. With Honda, they include things like:
ACE™ Body Structure, a framework that distributes crash energy more evenly through the front of the vehicle, thus providing better protection for occupants.
Front seat belts equipped with a pretensioner and load limiter, which means that they’ll automatically retract in a strong impact while still giving automatically when they detect a certain level of force. This means they’ll keep occupants safe and secure but won’t crush them.
Advanced airbag technology includes SmartVent® bags on select models, which seem to emerge from every angle for further protection.
Read More: Are winter tires needed in Chicago?